"Consensual sex" is just sex. To say that implies that there is such a thing as "non consensual sex", which there isn’t. That’s rape. That is what it needs to be called. There is only sex or rape. Do not teach people that rape is just another type of sex. They are two very separate events. You wouldn’t say "breathing swimming" and "non breathing swimming", you say swimming and drowning.
This is a very good point.
“The only dating advice I have to offer is: Expect the guys in your life to be kind and respectful. Don’t make excuses for garbagey behavior—”Oh, that’s just what guys are like.” It isn’t true. Expect them to be good, treat them like they’re good. And if they’re garbagey, move on. Don’t let your world get cluttered up with people who think they have some gender-based right to be awful. ” -Rainbow Rowell
surround yourself with people who
- praise you because they mean it
- don’t want anything but your company
- do their best to understand you
- you feel like you can confront if you need to
- (know they can confront you lovingly in turn)
- make you feel comfortable
- stick with you through good and bad times
- are positive influences on your everyday life